Nowadays a great percentage of equine dental extractions are performed non-surgically but should never be taken lightly as complications like dental fractures, retained root tips, collateral damage etc. easily occur. Over the past 20 years minimally-invasive surgical techniques have been developed and have led to a significant reduction of morbidity and mortality in horses.
This 2-day highly practical boutique course (max. 18 attendees) was devised for advanced practitioners with surgical experience and surgeons with a good working knowledge/experience in equine dentistry, specifically with dental extractions. The panel of internationally renowned specialists will provide an overview on up-to-date, minimally-invasive surgical dental extraction techniques in horses, including minimally-invasive trephination & repulsion (MITR), minimally-invasive transbuccal extraction (MTE) and dental segmentation. They will furthermore be sharing technical tips and tricks and pearls of wisdom that they have accumulated over the many years of performing equine dental surgery.
Between both days the 9 hours of practical sessions will provide an intimate environment for attendees to develop their surgical skills on equine specimens in true small groups (2-3 vets per specimen; attendee-to-instructor ratio of 4-6/1) at the following stations:
- Surgical Anatomy of the Head – Sinuses Anatomy, Surgical Approaches, Facial Anatomy & Nerve Blocks
- Minimally Invasive Trephination & Repulsion (MITR)
- Minimally Invasive Transbuccal Extraction (MTE)
- Paranasal Sinuses – Surgical Techniques
- Dental Segmentation Techniques
- Diagnostic Imaging Case-Discussions
The course fee includes lunches, coffee/tea breaks, a wine & cheese reception, extensive course notes and a certificate of attendance. Attendees can choose to only attend the lectures (= Lectures Only) on this course or can register for the entire course (= Lectures & Practical Sessions). Early course registration is recommended as there are only a limited number of places available.
This course is suitable for RCVS Modules: B-EP.3; C-E.1; C-E.5; C-E.12; C-E.13; C-E.14; C-E.15; C-EP.16; C-VDI.1; C –VDI.4
- Richard Reardon (UK) – BVetMed(hons), MVM, PhD, FHEA, CertES(orth), Dipl.ECVS, Dipl.EVDC(Eq), MRCVS
- Hubert Simhofer (Austria) – Dr.med.vet., Dipl.AVDC(Eq), Dipl.EVDC(Eq)
- Nicole Schulze (Germany) – Dr.med.vet., PhD, Fachtierärztin für Pferde , Fachtierärztin für Pferdechirurgie, Zusatzbezeichnung Zahnheilkunde beim Pferd, Res. ECVS
You can register on VetPD’s website following this link ⬇️